eMusic and Triplay Free Cloud Storage

I am sure you all got this same email: "I am thrilled to tell you about an exciting new benefit coming to all eMusic Members. Your membership will soon
include FREE unlimited cloud storage and backup for all your music, with play back on all your devices" 

Do you really think they mean unlimited? I can really test the limits of unlimited.  

Has anyone here done much with Triplay? 

Comments

• I got the email too.  They are clearly trying to cover a broad sweep of potential clients, I haven't been a member for probably 5 years or more.

Are the new owners any better at running a music download service, is there a noticeable difference.?

I mean really, how many of you are going to trust emu with your cloud backup?

Are they talking just music or are they talking data too?
  • Haven't gotten this yet, but sure I will soon. I wonder if current Triplay subscribers are now going to get eMusic credits?

Given that Amazon can't really handle an eMuser-scale library, I will be impressed if Triplay can!
  • edited November 2015
    I haven't used Amazon very much but the Google Music Manager has had no problems with my 10k tracks and they have added streaming of Pandora styled theme stations for no cost.  Of course they want you to buy a subscription to have full control of what you hear.

As an aside I have had a Pandora account since the beginning but rarely used it because it just didn't make sense to me for how I consume music.  But since I now have bluetooth in my car Pandora has turned out to be the most effective provider of streaming music (ie a wide variety of music choices and their software puts very little strain on my phones resources by not overheating etc.)

I wonder how well the emu streamer works

I hope they don't base it on the download mangler software
  • edited November 2015
    A technophile on many things, this is one issue on which I am still a luddite. I feel zero need to have my music collection in the cloud (except for backup, for which I use Backblaze - thanks, I think to a suggestion on here). My portable devices already allow me to carry far more music with me anywhere I go than I could get through on even a long vacation, and the times when actual suffering is caused by not having one specific song with me are pretty rare.

So as long as they keep the downloads working: meh.

ETA, if they automatically add all my past emusic purchases, though, that might be handy.
  • I've not got the email yet, maybe just available in the US at the moment? I'd be quite happy to have all my emusic purchases in their cloud, but of course it will not include lables they no longer stock
  • I am the same Greg, no e mail at all. This would not surprise me with E Music as it seems that we in the UK tend not to get the E Music extra items. I still back up all my music on a hard disk, this leaves me in total control, music for me is something I will purchase and keep.
  • I got the email, so it's definitely available for "Europe" anyway.
  • - And that goes for Denmark too . . .

I wonder what happens if you choose to cancel the subscription, or go on hold ?
  • Good to see you, Nereffid. Haven't noticed you around for a while.
  • Got my email here in "sunny" London a couple of days back. I don't use any of me free cloud accounts except for mailing large files at work so I don't know how this will affect me. Fated to live in interesting times aka "another First World Problem".
  • Since the latest maintenance I can no longer sign in to emusic. The sign in button directs me to the new member page.
  • I've been able to sign in, but Jamie put a message on the board about resolving "a number of issues." Maybe you're one of them.
  • Ha. Hope he can solve me. Not sure I can.
  • There is now a "My Music" link!  It purports to send you to your music cloud, although at the moment it is just "loading" indefinitely
  • I've got

Music Purchased on eMusic Will Appear Here
    You can also upload your own music and sync it across your devices.
    eMusic cloud storage is free and unlimited.

It also says an Apple app is coming soon.

Do they really mean ALL my music, ie everything, the 300+ GB. How long will that take if I want to do it at my current upload speed?

• My emu account had been dormant for years, but I got an email over the weekend that was hard to refuse: $100 bonus when I signed up for a $11.99 per month plan.

Of course, the site's been down almost since the day I renewed. Welcome back to the new emu. Same as the old emu.
  • @Greg, it took me about five weeks to upload all my music to BackBlaze for backup.
  • I am unable to log in as well...
  • They have not refreshed my account this month yet so I only have what is left of the £10 credit, have requested update from them
  • All I get is a forever loading wheel and according to @skerzo on the other board, it is only possible to upload single files.
    - Pretty useless, I think . . .
  • edited December 2015
    @brighternow, would you mind maybe posting a note to this thread over at the other place: http://www.emusic.com/messageboard/viewTopic.html?topicId=319288#
    to the effect that one of the "issues" that is still not fixed is that some of us cannot log into the site at all (and therefore cannot comment on the board) and that messages about this to emusic helps on twitter are going unanswered by emusic (for 2 days now)? It says they aim to work on the issues "through this week, and the weeks to come" - which suggests to me they know some of the issues are big, laborious fixes. I am wondering how long we might be locked out for.
    Thanks!

• Yep, I'm thinking that staying the hell away from the other place was the right move
  • edited December 2015
    I feel for them in a way - we have always known that they have been carrying all kinds of legacy database issues from earlier incarnations of emusic (e.g. the eternally unresolved SFL count issue) - it must be a nightmare trying to integrate a large and already botched and unstable system with a new company's system that offers different functionality, and probably still doing it without sufficient resources.
  • I can log in, sort of, but I can't seem to download anything, or get to saved for later, or comment on the message boards. Hopefully they're fixed before my one month runs out...

Weird thing too; this thread I can only post to from my phone by going to "full site"; it's like emu infected the thread!
  • I'm not sure what I have done right (or wrong!) but so far I am not having any issues. The two albums I downloaded yesterday are in My Music. I am wondering if it related to browser? I am still using IE 11.
  • I am still locked out after three days....
  • Funny. I have been logged in the whole time, and in fact DL'd today's free song
  • Still locked out here too. I finally got a Twitter message saying "we are still working on it". Not holding my breath at this point.