Soundcloud, Bandcamp - New / Upcoming Releases, Announcements etc.

Comments

• edited July 2018
    @Doofy, I noticed the same as far as slow releases this time of year (but that Rafal Sarnecki release is pretty good and on one of the few decent jazz labels left on eMu).   But another interesting one on the horizon - Friday, September 7 (and on Royal Potato Family label, which may mean it actually shows up on eMusic...)

Image result for chris lightcap superette

“Superette” is the debut album from bassist and composer Chris Lightcap’s electrifying experimental band featuring guitarists Curtis Hasselbring and Jonathan Goldberger and drummer Dan Rieser, along with special guests Nels Cline and John Medeski. Lightcap and company fearlessly guide the listener through soundscapes of surf, harmolodics, Mali-trance, psych and beyond, delivering a riveting sonic journey.

• edited August 2018

Currently in production and scheduled for release in late 2018, The Scene of The Crime is a collection of the works performed by Colin Currie and Håkan Hardenberger in their duo recitals:
    Colin Currie at Emusers

• Next week

maroon cloud, a powerful eight-part suite by celebrated flutist Nicole Mitchell, is a paean to the human gift of imagination and its ability to foster resistance in our dystopian times. It features a drum-less quartet with Mitchell, cellist Tomeka Reid, pianist Aruán Ortiz and vocalist Fay Victor, recorded live at National Sawdust in Brooklyn as part of John Zorn’s Stone Commissioning Series (March 29, 2017). (The same group returned to play Le Poisson Rouge during Winter Jazzfest in January 2018.)

• edited July 2018
    From the album 'konoyo' - Release date: 27 September 2018

• edited August 2018

Yoko Ono — vocals
    Thomas Bartlett — keyboards, electronics
    Nico Muhly — string arrangements
    Caleb Burhans, Patti Kilroy, Laura Lutzke, Courtney Orlando — violins
    Animals: Elephant, Baboon, Panther

Yoko Ono — vocals
    Thomas Bartlett — piano, keyboards, electronics 
    Animals: crow, elephant, wolf
    Yoko Ono — vocals
    Thomas Bartlett — keyboards, electronics
    Marc Ribot — acoustic guitar
    Kassa Overall — drums

Yoko Ono — vocals
    Thomas Bartlett — piano, electronics 
    Doug Wieselman — bass clarinet 
    Erik Friedlander — cello

Release by: Chimera Music
    Release date: 19 October 2018

• Chicago drummer and improvised impresario Mike Reed just made his catalog available at Bandcamp. The above duet album with Roscoe Mitchell (I was there!) is highly recommended. 
  • Saw those Miek Reed releases, @Doofy - cool that you were there for one of them!

Another interesting Bandcamp release coming in September:

• edited August 2018
    httpsi1sndcdncomartworks-000385424430-akrn6c-t500x500jpg
    “Elemente” – album number seven from the third incarnation of the legendary krautronic project Kluster/Cluster springs a surprise with a minor sensation: sequencer lines! Using an array of exclusively analogue instruments, Hans-Joachim Roedelius, Onnen Bock and Armin Metz have recorded eight tracks which, at one and the same time, are intrinsically hypnotic and sublimely beautiful.

Release date: November 2nd, 2018

www.bureau-b.com/qluster.php

• Aphex Twin - T69 Collapse
    Taken from Aphex Twin’s ‘Collapse’ EP out 14 September on Warp.
  • Some more UK jazz on the horizon (Sep 21), and available for pre-order on Bandcamp now.  I've enjoyed their past couple releases.

• And yet one more UK jazz release, this one on Sep 14 (and also available as pre-release on Bandcamp):

Image result for phronesis we are all

• edited August 2018
    Taken from The Field's forthcoming album "Infinite Moment" out September 21st.

• This is fun. Miles Okazaki just dropped a 6-vol set of Monk's "complete compositions" on solo guitar. I guess we know what Miles has been doing in his spare  time this year! Link goes to Bandcamp, where all that music is reasonably priced & free to stream
  • edited August 2018
    Brighternow said: on july 6
    Taken from the forthcoming album on Serein, Water Atlas. Out September 14th, 2018.

Middle Of The Meds, the debut album by Hibernis, will be released October 19th, 2018 on Serein

ETA: I used a playlist url and it actually plays the whole list. . . Nice !  :)
  • In line with the release of Blackfilm's new album "Zero One Seven", Denovali releases the 2010 collaboration masterpiece "Along the Corridor" with Eraldo Bernocchi for the first time on vinyl and digital format.
    https://denovali.com/blackfilm/#
  • edited August 2018

I was just recently wondering why we hadn't heard from Sunna Gunnlaugs in a while, et voila

• Release date: 6 September 2018
  • edited August 2018

Taken from Kasper Bjørke Quartets forthcoming album "The Fifty Eleven Project"
    On October 19th Kompakt presents a new LP and audiovisual venture by Danish producer Kasper Bjørke and close cohorts. . . .

Polybrass will be released on Denovali Records on October 26th, 2018.

• Coming in October on Greenleaf, but available for listening now on Bandcamp (and, since I "subscribed" to Greenleaf last winter during their promotional sale, I was able to download the full digital album already).    Jazz with accordion and bass clarinet is always fun...

http://rudyroyston.bandcamp.com/album/flatbed-buggy
  • edited September 2018
    Sound and Stone is a truly unique album based on the incredible sound stones of Hannes and Klaus Fessmann.

For the first time, some of the world’s most forward-thinking music makers have been given exclusive access to the world's first virtual sound stone.

Jasmine Guffond, Paul Jebanasam, Afonso Ferreira (Farwarmth) Monty Adkins, Tomonari Nozaki, James Leyland Kirby, Steven M Halliday, Rutger Zuydervelt(Machinefabriek) and Yves De Mey have spent the first half of 2018 sculpting a breath-taking suite of modern sound stone music.

The album is released on 26/10/2018

- Wow !

• edited September 2018
    httpsf4bcbitscomimga4238408059_14jpg
    Cuong Vu – trumpet
    Bill Frisell – guitar
    Luke Bergman – bass 
    Ted Poor – drums
    Releases September 28, 2018 on RareNoise Records
  • Release: 7 September 2018

It’s been a while since we’ve heard a solo project from the electronic music legend, and the wait has been well worth it. ‘Los Lagos’ is a testament to Fehlmann’s longevity as an artist and a peak at what he’s capable of as a songwriter and producer.
    https://inverted-audio.com/review/thomas-fehlmann-los-lagos/

• Fourth solo album by French spacerock mastermind Richard Pinhas. “East West” was his first and only album to be released by a major label (CBS). Some say it is his most commercial one, Pinhas doesn't see it that way. Form your own opinion. Out Dec 7th, 2018

Richard Pinhas is one of the most important French electronic space rock musicians. Following five albums with HELDON, his band, he released solo records from 1977 on. His transition to “solo” material gave the guitarist and synthesist an opportunity to work on material that was a little lighter and less constrained. “Chronolyse” was his second solo album. Out Dec 7th, 2018
  • Chronolyse brings back fond memories - especially the cut Duncan Idaho,
    but I don't understand this constant re-releasing of stuff. A guy at Cuneiform
    practically jumped down my throat when I asked him if the Duncan Idaho cut
    was the complete version from the original album (I thought I'd remembered
    it being longer - probably cause I played it over and over). This was about
    three years ago when it was re-released. Anyway, great stuff!
  • rostasi said:
    Chronolyse brings back fond memories - especially the cut Duncan Idaho,
    but I don't understand this constant re-releasing of stuff. A guy at Cuneiform
    practically jumped down my throat when I asked him if the Duncan Idaho cut
    was the complete version from the original album (I thought I'd remembered
    it being longer - probably cause I played it over and over). This was about
    three years ago when it was re-released. Anyway, great stuff!
    Is this a Euro / US rights thing? I thought at first it might have been vinyl vs cd but Cuneiform and Bureau B have / are putting out both. OTOH two years is two years if it's a one time licence. Does seem daft mind.

• Coming in mid September is an absolutely lovely, pastorally infused, first album from Enofa (Ross Baker), entitled, “Arboretum”. Ross had released a collaborative album with us a few years back under the name, Middlemarch. His partner on that “Wolf Hall” release, Dimitris Avramidis, also contributes to this new effort as well. . . .
  • edited September 2018
    Taken from the album 'Throne' released as LP, CD and download