SOUNDLINES OF CONTEMPORARY ART

edited October 2018 in Fight Club
28 September – 25 October 2018

ICAE2018 Yerevan Opening at National Gallery of Armenia

“Soundlines of Contemporary Art”, curated by Mazdak Faiznia and Marina Hakobyan and created and organized by Shaula International LLC, is held under the high patronage of the Presidency of Armenia and the patronage of the Canadian Government, the Ministry of Culture of Armenia, the Ministry of Cultural Activities and Tourism of Italy, the cultural promotional project of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Italy Vivere All’italiana, the Italian Embassy in Armenia. The event is further supported by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Armenia, the EU Delegation to Armenia and the Armenian General Benevolent Union (AGBU).

http://www.icaearmenia.org/en

Comments

• Roland Emile Kuit - Tomas Rajlich - Herman de Vries 

28 September till 25 October in House-Museum of Aram Khachaturian Yerevan
  • edited October 2018
    Minister of Culture Armenia Lilit Makunts formally welcomes Composer - Sonic Artist Roland Kuit 
    Hay Art Mshakutayin Cucasrah Kentron, Yerevan

NEW SONIC FORMS
    "As a European based composer - sonic artist, I am approaching Yerevan with an open ear. I feel the philosophy and arts have roots into the long history of this country. Armenia proves with the TUMO Center where education, culture and science meet in such a special way, that this form of learning is working and even expanse to other counties through the world. I find this mindset in the ICAE2018 of Shaula International LLC too. A courageous way to blend new forms in arts and new cultures in this wonderful event "Soundlines of Contemporary Art". As composer - artist, I am creating new forms by sound research and morphology. My exhibition in the A. Khachaturian House Museum will be a perfect audible example for this as I blend painting and sound together in the audio sculpture "Acrylic Intonations". For this occasion I recorded the painting proces of Tomas Rajlich. By analizing these sounds, I could re-synthesis these processes into a new form whereby time, frequency, amplitude and space are dealt with seperately, and therefore having the possibilliy to seize new sonic shapes." - Roland Kuit

photography by Ed Tadevossian
  • edited October 2018
    At the opening of ICAE2018

With  artist Walid Siti, curator Mazdak Faiznia, Karin Schomaker and Roland Kuit

Minister of Culture Armenia Lilit Makunts and composer - sonic artist Roland Emile Kuit Photography by Ed Tadevossian

• "Furthermore, an educational section will include several workshops in some of the leading art institutions of Armenia such as Tumo Center for Creative Technologies, Terlemezyan Institute, and State Fine Art Academy, held by, among others, Roberto Pugliese, Roland Emile Kuit, Abdoulaye Diarrassouba, and Victor Ehikhamenor."

First teaching at the TUMO center for Art & Technology in Yerevan, directing students to a sonic work of art.

TUMO CENTER FOR ART AND TECHNOLOGY
    Presentation installation "Soundmapping Yerevan"
    With students, Karin Schomaker and Roland Kuit

• edited October 2018
    Roland Emile Kuit in Khachaturian Museum Yerevan, Armenia

• Thank you very much for sharing this.  :)
    - It certainly looks like a spectacular event.
  • edited October 2018
    It is very special. All International and Armenian artists meeting each other in these museums.

In the press:
    (for Dutchies) this news radio interview.

Zo klinken schilderijen / This is how paintings sound

https://eenvandaag.avrotros.nl/item/zo-klinken-schilderijen/
  • edited October 2018
    Thanks . . . I found this special piece on Youtube:

Roland Emile Kuit - Duduk / KYMA
    Spectral processed memories of Yerevan, Armenia. Ever changing views from the apartment on Ararat. During ICAE2018 Soundlines of Contemporary Art Yerevan, Armenia http://www.icaearmenia.org/en
  • edited October 2018
    That's because I found myself a Duduk on the Yerevan Market  :)

• Soundlines of Contemporary Art 2018 Yerevan, Armenia was great!