Can anyone download

Haven't been able to download for two days.  Have communicated with the powers-that-be.

Got this email today from Jason, that says in part

"hope you’re doing well.

I’ve got word that the issue is still there and downloading the albums would result in the error you have reported. Would you like us to place your account on hold up to 90 days as we sort out this issue?"

Say what?  Ninety days?  It doesn't take 90 days to fix a technical glitch.  Sounds like the death throes to me.

Anyone have a different take on this?

Comments

• edited October 2018
    What a weird response. I've got no credit left so can't check if I can download too. Do they know something we do not know? Wouldn't surprise me.
  • Tried a New Amsterdam release, got the invalid product error. I was able to download
    Iannis Xenakis, Perseplois on Karlrecords. That one had been on my save for later for a while.

• Here's the first email I received, dated 10-11

"We are currently undergoing a few issues with the availability of our content. You may encounter releases that are labeled “Full Album Unavailable” and find that you are unable to purchase or sample these releases. Alternatively, you may encounter releases that, when you attempt to purchase or sample them, a red bar appears at the top of your screen with something along the lines of “Error: Not Available (INVALID_PRODUCT_ID)” or “This product is not available in your country”. Our production team is aware of the issue and are currently working with our content providers to develop a solution. In the meantime, there will be a brief period where a number of items in our library are unavailable. We apologize for this inconvenience. We hope to have a fix implemented shortly. Once it is in place, you will immediately be able to make your purchases without any issues."

A half-dozen different labels, all classical, all labels that I've downloaded for years.  The "working with our content providers" set off a red flag.  If it's a technical glitch, then the content providers would not be a factor.

Then the second email, which I quoted upthread.  The only thing that makes any sense to me is that the labels either aren't getting paid or aren't getting paid enough.
  • Probably worth adding a link here to the Naxos USA news (from the 11th), NAXOS OF AMERICA DISTRIBUTION PULLS ALL MUSIC OFF eMUSIC PLATFORM. A list of the labels they distribute is here.
  • edited October 2018
    I've just bought some extra credit to download a couple of Nils Lofgren albums I'd discovered. Samples were playing fine etc. I've got the email saying that I have purchased the credit, but it has not been added to my account. Normally that is virtually instantaneous. I'll email customer services - I'll keep you all informed of the outcome. 

Update - after about ten minutes it was added, I was unnecessarily worried! But I am downloading immediately in case the albums disappear. I've got 21 tracks left, probably two albums, possibly my last ever emusic downloads, as I plan to go on hold now