I'm done

edited April 2010 in eMusic New Releases
Hey folks,

I've decided to stop posting new releases. It's a task that I find to be a pain in the ass at this point, and don't get any joy from doing. Sorry.

I will *NOT* be removing my scripts on diehippiedie.com, as I'm still a member of emusic and use them. If someone wants to continue posting new release, by all means, feel free.

And I'll drop by once in awhile.

See ya.

Mark

Comments

• All the best, and thank you for the countless times you have done. I've always been astounded by your industry, not to mention the quasi-mystical computer skills it seems to a rube like myself to necessitate. It is a sad thing when something you once cared for loses its joy, and then it's time to take a step back. Thanks again.
  • Thank you for your years of providing this service.

If any of you find the daily posting of value, I would be willing to continue. I do look at the list, but I can do that at the alternate link on diehippiedie without posting.
  • Mutantis, Thanks for the years of postings and the countless times you've fixed your scripts to keep up with eMu's changes. Thanks for all the little tweaks you added that folks requested.

mommio: It took a year after I cancelled my subscription, but I eventually stopped looking at the new releases.
  • thanks Mutantis. Like Dr Mutex, I also stopped looking at new releases, but before that, I always found your lists helpful when I wanted to scan a batch quickly or see whether something was missing due to international restrictions
  • Thanks! I can understand not getting the joy - I haven't been looking at them, since I'm not an eMu subscriber anymore. If I ever re-up, I'll be glad to know your scripts are still there.
  • Thanks Mutantis. I've been pretty regular at scanning your lists, but the joy seemed to go with the Sony drop. When you used to post the lists on emu, there were regular responses to your threads with people pointing out the interesting ones in the batch. I'd always jump to the end to see people's responses first before scanning the whole list. After the Sony drop, the user activity dropped almost completely. That's what I miss the most.
  • thanks for everything mark. maybe dropping the new release listings will recharge your batteries. put differently, i hope you stick around here (and on the emusic message boards, if you're so inclined).
  • I'll toss in my thanks here as well. I do still flip through the list, although I usually find more to laugh at than shift to the SFL list.
  • I'd always jump to the end to see people's responses first before scanning the whole list.
    Oh, I loved reading what other folks picked out!
    I used to search > "soundtrack" to see if any new age hypnosis woo-woo stuff dropped.
  • Katrina, some hypnosis stuff dropped a few days ago.

Reading other folks' picks isn't nearly as helpful to me as it used to be. I have cut back so much on what I'm spending on music that I'm just not willing to buy unless I really, really like what I hear or I am in an unusually adventurous mood. Everything changed for me with the advent of Sony. Oh, I did get a few Sony albums, but the price change pretty much ended my willy-nilly downloading of artists I didn't know.
  • I'll add in my thanks, Mutantis. Unfortunately since all of the changes over at eMu and my subsequent cancellation, scanning the new releases is no longer the fun/useful activity it once was. Or maybe I should say fortunately.
  • I've not been around lately to comment, but I do stop in at least once a week to scan the lists. I'll miss 'em, but glad the other listing is still available.

Thanks for your efforts! I know I would have missed many gems if it weren't for you.

Have fun and enjoy life!

cowrun