Post your inside tips and mispriced box sets right here

Comments

• Holy smokes! C'mon DLM, don't fail me now.

Found this in a Rhino box sets feature, though Emmylou and Nesuhi are the only ones at this price.
  • Doofy, that's a good score - must have fallen through the conversion cracks. I got both that and the other anthology for 12 each the morning of that drop.
  • edited January 2011
    Just stumbled on this one by The Blasters - Testament:The Complete Slash Recordings - for $5.99. 51 tracks, 2 1/2 hours, it is all of their first 3 albums. Any Phil or Dave Alvin fans would be well rewarded to check out their beginnings. Absolutely rocking music. I believe this was at 24 credits previously, like the previous Emmylou that Doofy posted, oops! Maybe there are more of these oops out there.
    This is karmic, because they added some Blasters releases recently at ridiculously high prices.
  • The Blasters is a good find. According to AMG, it's 4 albums: The Blasters, Non Fiction, Over There, and Hard Line in their entirety, along with strong outtakes from the Non Fiction and Hard Line sessions. Over There is a live album. The only Blasters I have is their first pre-Slash album: American Music. Getting "Testament: The Complete Slash Recordings" will fill out my Blasters catalog with no overlap. Thanks.
  • damn fine find mr. D
    i have most of the Blaster stuff on vinyl somewhere but this deal was too good to pass....
    just happened to have 6.23 with no particular place to go.
  • edited January 2011
    Thanks for that rundown, Hoosfoos - Hard Line was the album I was pissed at them about - $7.60 - so I just got that whole album and all the rest for less. My cassettes of the first two albums can rest easier now.
    If anyone ever saw the movie Streets of Fire from the early '80's (Diane Lane, Michael Pare, Amy Madigan, Rick Moranis, great soundtrack by Ry Cooder, first thing I ever saw Willem DeFoe in) The Blasters were the band playing in that seedy club.
  • Here's over four hours of beautiful madrigals composed by Monteverdi and performed by Concerto Italiano for $11.98 on the Naive label.

http://www.emusic.com/album/Concerto-Italiano-Monteverdi-Madrigali-MP3-Download/12305997.html
  • >The Blasters is a good find.

I am getting an oops page now....might be that the site is down though.
  • yeah, site seems to be down.
  • Holy crap, how incompetent are they at eMordac? I honestly couldn't imagine giving them money at this point. I was hoping to use up some of my final freebies before the New Year but... oh well.
  • they do seem to have a disproportionate -- and highly visible -- number of technical glitches.
  • Site's operational again.
  • 4 disc JSP Leroy Carr set at $4.40 - When The Sun Goes Down.
  • Fela Kuti - Power Show Batch 4 $6.49 for 6 disc set / 18 tracks / 465:39 minutes. Includes:

Coffin For Head of State
    Unknown Soldier
    Teacher Don’t Teach Me Nonsense
    Original Suffrerhead
    I.T.T.
    Live From Amsterdam
    Army Arrangement
    Beast of No Nation
    O.D.O.O.
    V.I.P.
    The Underground System
  • edited March 2011
    Thanks for posting that Fela, hoosfoos. Anybody interested don't dawdle - this may go the way of the Zombie release (was that Batch 3?) that was only up a few days last fall before they went Ooops and it vanished (was a deal of similar nature). Besides who can resist a song named You Gimme S**t I Give You S**t.
  • For those like me who are no longer eMusic members, Amazon has the same Fela box for $8.99. The other boxes in the series are $67, so I'm guessing it may not last too long at that price.
  • edited March 2011
    Here's 70 tracks of obscure British pop bands from the 60's on eMu for $5.99. It might not actually be worth $5.99, of course.
  • The label (Goldenlame) has quite a few of these 3CD compilations. I bought Bottleneck Blues Guitar Legends and enjoyed it. The recordings are for the most part very old, so the quality was not very good. There are a few other comps worth looking at, but even at $6 they might be overpriced.
  • I was just going to chime in about the Goldenlane Label so here's the label link - what's at the top of the most downloaded is a little scary. I've got that Underground '60's and a few others on my SFLs but they haven't convinced me to pull the trigger - maybe back when I had some crack cards.......
  • @scissorman. So obscure I didn't recognise even one band - and I lived through that era in Britain! And it costs £29.40 here, about $40..
  • edited March 2011
    So, would you rather buy a download of Engaged Touches by Celer for $1.78 at Amazon or for $8.99 at Amazon?
    (Breeze of Roses by the same artist is 99 cents for the whole album - not a rec though, I don;t have that one and it got mixed reviews)
  • edited March 2011
    At 54 tracks, 374 minutes, $5.99 for this one - The Sugar Hill Records Story - might be a mistake.
    Was not the Sugar Hill Records I was looking for, but it looks like a deal to me.
  • JSP has another set that is 4.40, this time for 2 disks: Mississippi Fred Mcdowell - Downhome Blues 1959.

There are also 2 Leroy Carr items for 4.40 - but they seem to be split in 2 from the 4 disk set (the second of the 2 disk sets is listed as the Friends of Leroy Carr - which explains how the complete recordings from 1934-1941 could occur since Carr died in 1935).
  • Oh, and I should mention that the Fela items that were .70 have been re-priced. I only had one to go, and saw the price jump.
  • Here's a couple of good deals on the Vampi Soul label:

The Afrosound Of Colombia Volume 1 2 disks, 43 tracks: $4.40.
    Flipper Psychout 26 tracks: $4.40.
  • edited May 2011
    This isn't at eMu (its at Amazon). It isn't mp3's (its for physical discs). Complete Beethoven Edition [Box set] (85 discs) for $29.46 (& this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping) (also note: Pre-order - This title will be released on May 31, 2011.)

Also available:
    Telemann Edition [Box set] (31 discs) for $26.81.
    Vivaldi Edition [Box set] (40 discs) for $27.04.
    Liszt Portrait [Box set] (31 discs) for $26.81.
    Handel Portrait [Box set] (42 discs) for $27.01.
    Corelli Complete Edition [Import, Box set](10 discs) for $23.95.

hmmmm.... wonder if any of this would actually ship. Guess it doesn't hurt to try.
  • Interesting, the other ones still seem to work, but the Beethoven box set no longer has a price and can't be added to your shopping cart. Instead you have the option to be e-mailed once it is available.
  • Yup, they pulled the prices on the others too now.
  • If your tastes run to such material as the bluesy Houston Might Be Heaven then you might want to act before they figure out the complete 103 tracks here, $4.40, are going for what they have Volume 1 or Volume 2 priced at, even though they're not exactly a lot at $4.40 each. An awful lot of Smokey Hogg and Peppermint Harris but hard to beat the price.
  • edited May 2011
    Info from a poster on the emu board - mispriced Bach Matth