What are you listening to right now? (Homer Simpson Discovered Higgs Boson 14 Years Before CERN)

Comments

• V/A - Brazilian Guitar Fuzz Bananas
  • Too Many Zooz - Subway Gawdz

• PERSONABLE - AFTERPOP MIX
  • edited July 2016
    Listening to a young DIY Hip Hop/Rap artist I ran into some time ago.
    A nice young lad with an abundance of talent and a very promising potential:

Rune Senf-Uanset Ft. Unknown (Official video)

• Gregory Porter - Take me to the Alley
  • Blue Rose Code - And Lo! The Bird is on the Wing, another great album from him
  • edited July 2016
    I still have this one, so I'll start here

Thanks to everybody for introducing me to so much great music/sounds!

I'll just add this

Credits

Plus an excerpt from this sampler

All terrific.
  • edited July 2016
    My goodness ! Nels Cline on Interoceans  . . . That has slipped my attention (or memory)

NP: Amon Tobin (was available as a free download, but not anymore)
  • Something new...

Psychic Temple - III
  • Brokeback - Field Recordings from the Cook County Water Table
  • Some Sunday morning music.

Thanks again.
  • On rehearing Interoceans, I was reminded how much I enjoyed the trumpet playing. I got the same feeling with III and Airports. It's time to explore.

• edited July 2016
    I'm always happy to find another guitar player

-Wow!
  • edited July 2016

Charles Bobuck became visible about the same time The Residents felt the pinch of the popularity of free downloading. They, like many bands, shifted their energy toward live performance. However, Mr. Bobuck did not like touring. He preferred making albums. So he quit touring and made albums instead. Logical. 
  • edited July 2016
    Well, I've got some time for a bit more exploring before I head out to pick the slugs off the lettuce.

Ryan Ferreira & Red Wierenga

Ps- A thunderstorm moved in meanwhile and knocked out the power just as this was finishing. It made for an interesting listen. I'll have to thank Mike Baggetta for suggestions from this interview.

I also find inspiration these days from my guitar-playing peers. These folks really keep me on my toes: Ryan Ferreira, Grey McMurray, Brandon Seabrook, Nate Radley, Harvey Valdes, Dustin Carlson, Amanda Monaco, Charlie Rauh, and Chris Parello.

• edited July 2016
    More time for exploring

Brandon Seabrook - Sylphid Vitalizers

ps- Another power outage right in the middle. I really enjoyed the listen, made me think about Henry Flynt.
  • edited July 2016
    The only Grey McMurray track I could find was on this 

If I could get the emusic sample player to work I might of gotten the rest. It's hard to resist sending music to outer space. 

ps- I couldn't leave him alone in the library so I went & got the rest. I also found it on Bandcamp. Lots more exploring to do. Beyondo

Grey McMurray-Voice (2,6), Guitar (3,4,6,10) 

more ps- Well, the sun's shining through just as Beautiful Days is playing. Looks like I'm heading out on the hunt for some invaders.
  • The Dreaming Room

Laura Mvula - The Dreaming Room

• edited July 2016
    Harlem River
    Heard this in my favorite coffee shop after church this morning. My attention was caught by the extended outro on the title track; nice groove.
  • Well, I spent the rest of the day deadheading and I'm shutting it down early. Here's me catching up.

Harvey Valdes - Pointcounterpoint (Apr. 15/16)
  • 50 Tunes Of Jazz From Venus Records 
    Priced as a single album this is a bargain pretty much wherever you buy it. I had it on my SFL for a while at emusic and finally bought it, expecting a mixed bag. 20 tracks in I have only heard two I did not enjoy.
  • I'll continue on here...

• edited July 2016

Ps- I really enjoyed this.
  •       and

Noel Akchoté 
  • III
    I thought I'd posted this two plus hours ago, but still in draft!

This discussion has been closed.